Dr. Huang, Chih-Kun is the founding Chairman of International Excellence Federation (I.E.F) for Bariatric & Metabolic Surgery and founding President of Taiwan Obesity Support Association (T.O.S.A). And now he is the superintendent of Body-science & Metabolic disorders International (B.M.I) medical center of China Medical University Hospital, Taichung City, Taiwan.
Dr Huang has been devoted to minimally invasive surgery and bariatric surgery for 15 years. He finished 1st single incision trans-umbilical laparoscopic Roux-en-Y gastric bypass in 2008 and laparoscopic adjustable gastric banded plication (LAGBP) in 2009 and laparoscopic loop duodenojejunal bypass with sleeve gastrectomy(LDJB-SG) in 2010 in the world. His center was also designated as 1st International Center of Excellence for Bariatric Surgery (I.C.E) in Asia-Pacific area in 2009.
1. 1st Single incision trans-umbilical laparoscopic Roux-en-Y gastric bypass in the world, November 2008
2. 1st Laparoscopic adjustable gastric banded placation (LAGBP) in the world, May 2009
3. 1st Designated Surgeon and Center of International Center of Excellence for Bariatric Surgery (I.C.E) in Asia-Pacific area, October 2009
4. 1st Laparoscopic loop duodenojejunal bypass with sleeve gastrectomy in the world, Oct 2011
5. Top Ten Paper: Surgical Results of Single Incision Trans-umbilical Laparoscopic Roux en Y Gastric Bypass, 27th ASMBS Annual Meeting 2010,Las Vegas, U.S.A
6. Top Five Plenary Paper: The Feasibility: SILS port Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass for Low BMI Diabetes Mellitus, IFSO-APC & JSSO Congress 2011,Okaito,Japan
7. International Award: Laparoscopic Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass For The Treatment of Type II Diabetes Mellitus with Body Mass Index 25-35, A Prospective Study 28th ASMBS Annual Meeting,Orlando,Florida, U.S.A
8.1st Laparoscopic proximal jejunal bypass with sleeve gastrectomy(LPJB-SG) in Asia , Oct 2014
Laparoscopic bariatric & metabolic surgery
Single port/ single incision trans-umbilical laparoscopic surgery
Endoscopic Breast & thyroid surgery
Advanced Bariatric & Metabolic Surgery ( INTECH)
Essentials and Controversies in Bariatric Surgery ( INTECH)
Prof. CK Huang is a one of the best known bariatric and metabolic surgery pioneer in minimally invasive access and recently novel metabolic surgeries, including single port surgery LDJB-SG, LPJB-SG, LAGBP and many more. He has published more than 70 scientific papers and trained more than 80 fellows in this field